Monday, December 25, 2017

One Penny at a Time

I am going to try to focus on the "one penny at a time" portion of my Blog Name.  I am going to find a Coca Cola bottle like the one pictured below and once full, I will turn the change in and make a payment.  This might take me a long time since I don't normally carry cash with me, but I plan on reaching out to friends and family to help find spare change...from their sofa or from their own change purses.  This will be one of my first fundraisers for 2018.


I had one of these banks when I was a kid.  I don't know where it is now...but I am going to find one and start saving one penny at a time.

In January, I have talked to somebody about doing another fundraiser as well.  I love the concept and the work will help a young man with autism, so it is a win/win in my book.  For now, I will be working on filling up this bottle (once I get one) and trying to find a part time work from home opportunity where I can just put everything I make towards these loans.  Our car is paid off, but like I said in the last post, we got a new loan for our new car, so I will use my normal pay to work on paying that off early and anything I can make from a second job or from fundraising will go directly to my school loans.

It feels good to have a plan....now to find a bank....and a PT WFH opportunity. :-) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment