Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year - New Ideas

Well....2018 starts tomorrow.  I have done some thinking and praying and one of the things that came to my mind was to live out the title of my blog - paying off this debt, one penny at a time. I have gotten a large jar (it isn't a coke bottle, but it is a 5 gallon water bucket...it was cheaper), and I aim to fill it up.  Once it is full, I will turn it into a large payment for my student loans.  This could take awhile, because I don't usually carry cash, but I am committed to put every penny, nickel, dime, and quarter that I get in the coming year in this jar.  I have been finding pennies (and quarters) around the house and even picked up a few pennies on the ground while Christmas shopping.  This will be the first of many ideas I have to reduce this debt ONE PENNY AT A TIME.




Would you be willing to help?  Do you have any spare pennies laying around the house that you don't want?  Would you share this blog with your friends and family?  Would you pray?  I have a long way to go to get these paid off, but I am determined not to just keep paying interest.  I guess in 20 years if I still owe money, they will wipe the loan out, but I can't imagine carrying this on my shoulders for the next 20 years.  Thank you for reading this journey.  I will continue to update the blog and have plans to start a fundraiser for a really great organization within the next couple of days.  I will share more once I receive the information.

If you have made it this far, thank you for reading this.  Thank you for being part of my "friends and family".  Happy New Year to you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment